Monday, July 18, 2011

The Romance of Vacation

Vacations are a break from our everyday lives.  Need to possibly get away from the stresses of a job, or the boredom of life.  A vacation can be something as exotic a cruise in the South Pacific or as simple as relaxing by the pool with a good book.  They can also being family oriented - a week a Disney - or - as mine are now, quieter and more intimate with my spouse.
One Spring Break vacation in Florida, I was sitting on the beach reading an historical romance.  I don't remember the title or the author, but it was about the warring clans in Scotland.  I was so engrossed in the feel of the story - the language, the culture- that when someone spoke to me I was jerked backed to the present and it took a moment to realize where I was.
Has that ever happened to you?  Has a book so enthralled you that you felt you had fallen into the pages and was living the story?  Tell me about it.  What pulled you into the book?  The story?  The characters?  The plot?  The scenery?

The week's post is short.  I'm going offline for a week and must leave soon.
Next week Pages of Romance will return but probably on Thursday instead of Monday.
Hope everyone - that means you Mart - has a wonderful week and gets out and enjoys some romance in the summertime.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a fantastic time off!And wow. That was some book you were reading. I think for me it is a little of all: scenery charcters, plot. But I find it's the voice that hooks me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've been swept away by books. I think that happens when all the elements of a story weave together to create a synergy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete