Monday, May 21, 2012

Victoria's Blogging on Diamond Celebration JubileeHOP


Queen Victoria
Welcome - I'm Victoria Elizabeth Adams and welcome to my blog - Victoria's Pages of Romance.

With a first name like Victoria – 










Queen Elizabeth I
 And a second name like – Elizabeth – 

Queen Elizabeth II












And being of British heritage on Mother's side – 






And being Canadian.

It's an easy jump for me to be on the Jubilee Blog Hop. I'm a monarchist. Which means I like and accept our monarchy – which means the Queen as the head of our country. We are an independent country. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II does not govern us. We have an elected parliament. Our current lead is Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Generally people love to "celebrity watch".  Just try to count the number of paparazzi that exist on this planet and look at the number of celebrities - actors, singers, rich, famous, athlete and royal. What more of a celebrity is a woman who has sat on the throne of England for sixty years? That's dedication. Sixty-five, in Canada, is the retirement age. Or fifty-five, if you work at a company that has a 55 and out plan. Queen Elizabeth is 86!

Her Majesty doesn't get to retire. She is the Queen and she accepted that duty at a young age and has fulfilled her job description with grace and poise. How did she become Queen? The king died. Her father died and at that moment, the mantle of the monarchy passed to her. What a moment to have to live through. The trauma of your father's death and the numbing realization that you are now the Queen.

Queen Elizabeth's Crown

 She is the 32nd great-granddaughter of King Alfred the Great who was pretty much the first King of England. He lived in 871 to 899.

 In December 2007, Queen Elizabeth became the oldest reigning British monarch. She passed her great-great-grandmother Queen Victoria, who was 81 when she died. 

In May 2011, Queen Elizabeth became the 2nd longest reigning monarch in over 1,200 years of British History. She will have to reign until Sept 2015 when she'll be 89 to reign longer than Queen Victoria who reigned for 63 years 1837-1901. 

To celebrate the Jubilee, throughout the 10 days of this blog hop, I will randomly pick commenters and send them an ecopy of my contemporary romance – Circles Interlocked. To win – leave your email address and tell me – if you were Queen for a day – what would you do?

CIRCLES INTERLOCKED available at  Amazon KDP - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005S8LI46

Having been betrayed by the man she assumed she was destined to be with forever; Julie Anderson slapped Robert Holiday in an angry ending to their brief love affair. Heartbroken that her love affair didn't end with the fairy tale Happily Ever After, Julie leaves town to pursue her dream of being a dancer. As fate has a curious sense of humor, eight years later, they wake up in bed together. Now it is up to love to fix what time cannot mend.

Excerpt---
Five years - Julie hadn't seen or thought about him in all that time, and now in the middle of nowhere, he stood on the beach drying off from a swim. Droplets flew as Robert shook his hair. His black mane was shorter than the last time she saw him. The wet ends dripped water on his bare, muscular shoulders. Tricia, an old high school friend once said he had the body of a male stripper - time hadn't changed that.
She stepped back onto the beach path, transfixed by the sight of the one person she hated. Her repulsion and loathing of him ran so deep; she'd repressed all memories of him. She thought he'd loved her, and had taken a chance, opening up her heart and body to him. But, instead of returning her love, he proved himself worthy of the gutter from which he'd crawled.
Her body said run, but her feet refused to move as she watched a long-legged, svelte, golden blonde rise from the beach chair. She trickled her fingers down his rippled stomach. His voice floated across the sand. It was a calming sound, which had brought a smile to her face when he whispered words of love and passion in her ear.
Details she thought she'd long forgotten surged forward. She remembered the way his dark eyes smoldered with anger and his sly, innocent grin. His joyous laughter had made her feel the abandonment of a child frolicking in the year's first snowfall. She stepped backward onto the path, distancing herself from the lovers as the blonde undid the strings on her bathing suit top, and let it fall to the sand.

Here's the links to the rest of the Diamond Jubliee Celebration hoppers -






15 comments:

  1. If I were Queen for a day, I don't think I would do anything note worthy. I might just shop and travel around, site seeing. Oh, I would pick poor families and give them money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you could travel around in one of those carriages - I'd like to ride in the gold one - I call it the Cinderella carriage.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine me as a Queen. I'd have to change out of my blue jeans! But if I was Queen for a day I'd I'd call the world's leaders together and smack them back of the head and tell them to smarten up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! If I were Queen for the day, I really don't know what I would do. Lol, hide out trying to avoid the press, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes having the press hang around would be a real pain the royal you-know-what!

      Delete
  5. I'd ask people to cook and clean.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I would like to be queen for a day. Although, if I ever visit England, I wouldn't mind being treated as royalty during my stay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would relax and read a good book. ;-)
    DebP
    r.d1@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - and everyone else can do all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through the facebook hop!

    Hope you get a chance to check out my blog :)

    Happy to be your newest follower!

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete