Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Guy and A Girl makes a final appearancce on MFRW's Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor,




This is the last snippet from my NA contemporary hockey romance - A Guy and A Girl. It'll be longish as it's the last and no one checks anyway.

Scene set - Hunter plays his first professional hockey game then goes home and surprises Chelsea.



Hunter begged off celebrating with his teammates. He showered and hurried back to his apartment. As he opened his apartment door, Josh popped the cork on the champagne bottle. Holding an imaginary microphone, Chelsea said, "Having just played your first professional game and having scored a goal and an assist - how do you feel?"
"Pretty good." Hunter accepted a glass of champagne from his stepfather. "But I'm gonna hurt tomorrow. Took a couple of good clean hits."
"To Hunter. For making his dream come true. That goal was a beauty." Richard raised his glass. "Wait until you see it. The puck was in front of you and then it was in the net. The goalie never even saw it."
Hunter threw back his head and smiled. "Oh man, when that little red light went on I was just like...YES!"
Jean swallowed a mouthful of the bubbly drink. "When the anthem was finished you looked up at the sky...oh, the ceiling I guess. What were you thinking?"
"Told Gary this game was for him. He's the one who believed in me and pushed me. I don't know if there are spirits, but I know he was there. I could hear him telling me what to do." Hunter sipped his champagne. "But after I scored that goal, he was gone. Guess I'm on my own. He's done his job. Sounds freaky I know, but that's what I felt."
"That Banick fellow is big."
"Oh Dad, you have no idea. When he skated over, I wondered who put the wall there. All I could see was Tornado jersey, but he dropped his shoulder and I stole the puck." Hunter's grin spread from ear to ear.
"Well, we can stand here all night or we can have the supper that's sitting on the table getting cold." Amy pointed to the table.
As the parents moved towards the dining room, Hunter held Chelsea back. "Let's go out on the balcony for a moment." The sky was black, but covered in sparkling stars and the air was crisp.
"I haven't had time to come up with some romantic, dramatic thing so I'll just do this the old-fashioned way." He dropped down to one knee and held out a diamond solitaire ring. "I love you, Chelsea. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"
Chelsea clapped to her hand to her mouth. "Yes!"
Hunter stood and slipped the finger onto her trembling finger. "I decided today. I so wanted to protect you this morning. And when you weren't pregnant, I realized how unhappy that made me and how much I want to be with you. Forever. You wanted a commitment. And I'm ready." He placed his finger under her chin and lifted her mouth to meet his. Chelsea was the one he wanted to share his life with, no doubts. She was the special piece he needed to complete his puzzle.
When he released the kiss, Chelsea stared at her ring. "I...I...I'm speechless. I can't think of anything to say."
Hunter chuckled. "You said all the right stuff. You said yes."
"Yes I did. I mean it. Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!"
"Let's go tell our parents." Hunter slid the balcony door open.
Chelsea grinned. "I know exactly how to do this."
Hand in hand, Chelsea and Hunter walked into the dining room. Chelsea held out her left hand. "Mom, I need to hire you. Hunter and I have a wedding to plan."



 



Blurb

Lies, deceits and secrets - not a good way to begin a relationship.
After an ugly past forced Hunter Connolly to escape to Europe, the talented hockey player is back in North America and determined to land a position with a professional team. But he can’t hide from his past forever, especially when his beautiful classmate, Chelsea, forces him to reexamine his life. Soon, hockey is not his first priority anymore.
Chelsea Henderson is a bright co-ed working towards her dream of being a professional dancer. She forms a unique friendship with one of her father’s newest recruits and would love nothing more than to take it to the next level. However, there’s just one small problem. He doesn’t know she’s his coach’s daughter.
Amid the deceptions, danger lurks closer than they could ever imagine. Will fate contrive to rip the young lovers apart? Or will Hunter and Chelsea have their shot at love?

One line quote of what people are saying about A Guy and A Girl
By the end of this book I had tears running down my cheeks.






What’s up and coming on Victoria’s Pages of Romance
1- Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
2- Thursday Thoughts  - #ThursThoughts
3- Blog Available
4- Blog Available
5 - Blog Available
6- Author Spotlight – Carolyn Hughes - Fortune's Wheel
7- Author Spotlight – Kate Rigby – Far Cry From the Turquoise Room
8- Book Hooks #MFRWhooks #MFRWAuthor
9- Thursday  Thoughts  - #ThursThoughts
10- Blog Available
11- Blog Available
12- Blog Available
13- Author Spotlight –
14- Author Spotlight –
15- Blog Available
16 – Blog Available
17 - Blog Available
18- My Sexy Saturday #MySexySaturday
19- Weekend Writing Warriors
20- Author Spotlight – Sheryl Browne -  Sins of the Father
21- Author Spotlight – Victoria Adams – Blog closing

2 comments:

Taps on glass - Hello? Hello? Anybody there?
Please leave a comment. It'd be nice to know I'm not talking to myself :-)