Saturday, March 18, 2017

Circles Interlocked and Victoria Adams' final appearance on #MySexySaturday #contemporary #romance



 Welcome to My Sexy Saturday on Victoria's Pages of Romance. This is my last visit. I am closing my blog down in a few days. I have 2 pen names and I am combining them into one. Making life more sane for me.

So here is my final snippet. From the third book in the Circles Trilogy - Circles Interlocked.

Scene set - It is Julie's wedding day and her mother hands her an envelope from Robert. (edited)




A long time ago - in high school - we had to write an assignment for our last English essay. You and I had broken up and everyone was mad at me for being such a bastard. For my essay, I handed in a poem. Yeah me, I wrote a poem. Mrs. Wolmsely liked it - hell, she gave me an "A".
 I wanted to call it LOVE SUCKS, but I didn't think Mrs. Wolmsely would like that.

She possessed my being -
Gave me a future -
A life.
Our souls intertwined -
Fantasies fulfilled

But
Reality intruded.
One's dream realized
One's destroyed.
A heart broken
The pain -
Where a heart should be
A void existed.
The expanse of days
Became years.
A dream withered.

By chance -
Two faces meet
And smile
Lips touch
Love strikes once more.

My being possessed -
Desires fulfilled -
A dream revived.
A future
With Love!
 





Circles Interlocked - Having been betrayed by the man she assumed she was destined to be with forever; Julie Anderson slapped Robert Holiday in an angry ending to their brief love affair. Heartbroken that her love affair didn't end with the fairy tale Happily Ever After, Julie leaves town to pursue her dream of being a dancer. As fate has a curious sense of humor, eight years later, they wake up in bed together. Now it is up to love to fix what time cannot mend.







What’s up and coming on Victoria’s Pages of Romance
19- Weekend Writing Warriors
20- Author Spotlight – Sheryl Browne -  Sins of the Father
21- Author Spotlight – Victoria Adams – Blog closing


3 comments:

  1. Nice poem he wrote! Thanks for sharing this snippet. Mine is up, but I forgot to sign up on the linky list :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippet. Sorry you're closing this blog but do understand. Hope to see you at My Sexy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Taps on glass - Hello? Hello? Anybody there?
Please leave a comment. It'd be nice to know I'm not talking to myself :-)